Where is the Spring?

Middle of the week already! By the same token it is midwinter now and I am so ready for this hold of dreary and rainy weather to lift. It's strange isn't it, how in those early autumnal months the prospect of fire-front dark evenings seems appealing and I am ready for it. Now a few months in even a roaring fire is loosing its allure. I want the sun back! Australia, when you are done with it can you send it back around? ;-)

So, I am now dreaming of spring bouquets with budding hyacinths. Spring dressing in pastel colours. New satchels and Peter Pan collars. Liberty print dresses. These things may just life the winter doldrums that we Northern Hemisphere people are feeling. There is a certain joy in the change of the seasons but this particular one has outstayed its welcome!



...the Mulberry Tillie...


via nibsblog
And P.S. Thanks you for so many wise comments to my last 'this is what is on my mind' post...somehow it's a comfort to know these are similar thoughts for you and such wonderful experience of those looking back to my time of life.