In My Dreams I'm a Ballet Dancer...

I've always had a fascination with ballet. Something so feminine and graceful and at the same time so restricted and disciplined. 
I used to dream of being a ballerina and would always make up little dances and even pretended to be a water ballerina in the pool as a kid. I would always get so excited when someone would catch me dancing and ask if I was a ballerina. 

I am totally mesmerized by Kanye West's Runaway. I've watched it at least 5 times. If you haven't seen it yet, do your self a favor and take 34 minutes and 33 seconds aside to do so. Here are some of my favorite ballerina images...














*fun fact! Did you know that Phillip Lim was Paul Frank's first clothing designer? My hubby worked with him 10 years before anyone knew his name. So cool!


And then of course there is Black Swan. More ballet mania! Such a beautiful and terrifying film. Oh and how I'd love to be Natalie Portman. What an insanely beautiful and talented actress. She trained her ass off to do all the dancing in the film. She did an amazing job.











 I love seeing how films influence fashion. I'm curious to see ballet inspired shoes and dresses and how they're interpreted.I have these Dona Karan Collection ballet shoe inspired heels that I will dig out when I get back. They're pretty cool!