You Make it Easy

In my mind, putting on anything other than jeans each day is considered "dressing up." And since I started this wee blog, I have been encouraged to dress up more (which of course necessitated adding tons more skirts and dresses to my wardrobe) and appreciate the respect I pay myself by trying to look decent (i.e., trying to look better I do when I walk my dog at the buttcrack of dawn in my PJ pants, hair askew and white traces of Clearasil still on my forehead).

There are days though, where I don't feel like dressing up and the thought of having to find a matching pair of tights to go with the dress and then a cardi to wear over the dress because it is cold and do I have a belt that doesn't make me look like a tied up roast oh is the neckline too plain and how come I don't have a decent pair of brown shoes with the heels just so to go with everything - everyone - everyday - makes my head blow up a little tiny bit.

That's why some of my favorite posts from my fella bloggers are their casual day looks. I love getting inspiration by seeing how you fine ladies can rock a pair of skinnies and flats for school or throw on a cotton jacket over a lacy dress to go run errands or peg some baggy jeans to show off a glittery pair of heels for a movie date.

I have you gals to thank when I got dressed this morning, tossed on a pair of jeans and did not immediately reach for my hand-me-down Wrigley Field sweatshirt (can I continue to say how wearing jeans tucked into boots is still a revelation for me?). I am still put-together but comfortable and do not feel dressed up.



Sweater: J. Crew cambridge crewneck (similar cotton version here or rosette version here)
Top: J. Crew striped tissue tee (worn here before - similar here or here)
Jacket: Anthropologie Cartonnier Craftsmanship Capelet
Jeans: Forever 21 skinny ankle (similar here)
Boots: Bed:Stu Bullet (worn here before)
Necklace: UO multi stone bib (worn here before - similar-ish here and here)

★   ★   ★   ★

Don't forget, please send me your outfit picks for the next Respect the Outfits reader feature. This week we're doing you beautiful ladies with your cutie pets. Pics can be sent to respecttheshoes(at)live.com - post to go up next Monday!