August and Everything After

I went casual again since I also took today off. BF and I ended up joining our local Y and spent the afternoon sucking it up playing racquetball (OK, I was the one who mostly sucked. But I managed to win one out of five games, hit him with the ball only once, and smash myself in the shin with my racquet. Good times ...)



Cardigan: J. Crew featherweight (long-sleeve version here)
Top: Forever 21 lace slub tank (similar here or similar-ish here)
Shorts: Anthropologie Hei Hei Heatwave (worn here and here before)
Necklace: Anthropologie Grandma's Treasure Trove (now on sale!)
Shoes: Indigo by Clarks Finch (worn here, here and here before)


OK, it is still pretty hot in the SE and summer doesn't seem like it is going to go anywhere for a while. But when I was in NYC and DC this past weekend, you could definitely tell that the leaves are just beginning to turn, and the days are getting shorter. I had my first tinge of coolness and crispness on Monday morning there, which was awesome.

I have to admit that early autumn is my fave time of the year. The chill in the air and the gorgeous golds and oranges of the leaves are wonderful, as are long walks in the sun while bundled in your first soft cozy wools. Warm apple cider, corn mazes, pumpkin patches and rushing through leave piles, anyone?

What's your favorite part of fall? And what are you going to miss most about summer?