Blogging when you are blue...

At the moment a strange but potent feeling of worry sweeps across our house like a cloud every now and then; this is what it feels like when the future has an unknown quantity in it. Anyone who knows me knows: I'm all about the known quantities. I am not great with change.


Life feels awfully grown up all of a sudden and I wonder where those carefree days of summer went?! I am sure (as in certain) that over time I will look back, as I do with most things and think WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT? That little mini-freak out that persisted for the month of September 2010?


But as I am well and truly in the middle of it, I also wonder, should one blog when one is blue and worried? That surreal sensation of thinking what would they think? They being whom exactly? Who reads this and has an opinion? A handful of friends from the 'real world' who know me and know I blog. Then there are the utterly delightful strangers...500 or so a day, who pop over for a view of my little life! I love the visits; they intrigue me. Blogger stats are bizarrely addictive, don't you think?


On blue days I do wonder whether or not to blog about the particular shade of azure, navy, turquoise blue I am feeling. There is this sense that blogging is for happiness and the beauty of life, rather than the dark days. But then without exception every time I have blogged on a dark day I have been met with a barrage of wonderful, uplifting comments. Thank you so much for the comments; they really do ease my days and the words of wisdom distilled into a comment box have been graciously and happily received.


One blog friend Melissa, who sensed my current worries sent me a link to a photographer whose pictures, she just knew, would cheer me up. This is the sort of inventive virtual gift a blog friend can give. I was so touched by the gesture and share it here in this post. How lovely? I must count my blessings. Thank you Melissa, the photos are indeed gorgeous and brighten any rainy day (like today)! xxx