Thrifting Challenge!

And it is on! As you know, I met Juanette from Fashionnette-Work this summer through my blog crush. We met when I was in Dallas for business and we became immediate friends.
(We refer to each other as Sisters from Another Mister because we think so much alike!)

Juanette took me around the entire time I was in town and we noticed that we have the same taste in clothes. We decided to partake in a monthly thrifting challenge where we shop for each other. Well, this week I got my first package!
We gave each other a list of things to look out for but weren't limited to.

My wishlist:

1. Tuxedo jackets that I can nip and tuck to be fitted.
2. Shirtdresses or dresses that make me feel like Wulona from Good Times or Mrs. Roper from Three's Company1
3. Swing/Sherlock Holmes inspired swing coats
4. Riding Boots
5. Long vintage clutch purses
6. Belts with fabulous buckles
7. Authentic kimonos




Well...J...YOU HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK! I heart this tuxedo jacket with all my heart and all my soul! I can't wait to rock it when it gets a little cooler!

This dress is actually a little big but I love it because it gives the sleeves a slouchy/blouse-y feel!  I am going to have the bottom so it is a pencil fit. It's also extremely sheer which could be a good or a great thing...depends on where you are going and who you ask!
I got so excited about the first installment of our thrifting challenge, I styled up a few looks to show you guys!
I admit I kind of heart vintage blazers and blouses. So this taupe dress wasn't that flattering as a dress but I threw on a belt to define my shape and I'm going to have it altered into a peplum blouse.
This jacket is fantabulous! It's supposed to button down the middle but I criss-crossed it. I wouldn't wear this belt with it...I just wanted to offer a visual of what it should look like!

I can't wait to work these new items in my closet! This definitely curbs my appetite for shopping because it gives me something to look forward to every month. Juanette should get her first package in a few days. I can't wait to see what she thinks of my finds for her!

I have something to look forward to every month now!