Dog Days



Dress: Anthropologie Maeve Slate Shifts (worn here and here before)
Sweater: J. Crew lightweight cardigan (worn here before)
Belt: Anthropologie City Safari (worn here, here and here before)
Shoes: Indigo by Clarks Edamame (worn here, here and here before)

Just like the rest of you gals, for the past few weeks I had been slowly compiling together my fall wishlist and going on the search for my coveted items. My list has been mercifully short, and two of the items that I thought would be great additions to my current wardrobe had been a pair of casual flat brown boots and black booties.

The brown boots had been difficult - after many weeks of searching and whining and then having purchased (and then returned) three different pairs of brown boots (why do things just look better when you're trying them on in-store?), I finally found my pair about two weeks ago. I haven't worn them yet - um, when is fall finally going to show itself in the SE? - but I am so excited about them. The shaft on these is kind of also too tall for a shortie like me, but the leather is so soft that it doesn't matter (bed stü Bullet).


As for my black booties, these were luckily almost a no brainer since I'm a big fan of Vince Camuto (and if you buy shoes direct from their site, shipping is free, there's no tax and they often have 20% off deals). These will sure-to-be another workhorse for fall (Vince Camuto Bronco) - now if the darn weather in the SE would just go ahead and get fall-like! What is up with these 90 degree+ days in late September?!


To top off my fall shopping, I'd love to get a cozy wool jacket in a gorgeous jewel tone. J. Crew used to be the master of the colorful fall tweed but so far they aren't offering any this year (disappointing, JC!). But a recent perusal through Old Navy online recently did had me stumble upon this cousin to JC's previously highly sought-after Bella blazer (which also comes in petite and tall sizing ... tempting!):

Old Navy Ruffle-Collar jacket ($69.50)

What's been your favorite purchase of the fall so far? What are the next big items on your wish list?