Paper Bag Boy

(Pretty sure this dress was less than 3 bucks)
I have to share this story with you. Yesterday was my bday and my students were really sweet and bought me a trough of golden oreos (if you're new to my blog...you'll learn about my relationship with Golden Oreos soon enough). At any rate, I was about to leave for the day and one of my students was running to catch me before I left.

He was drenched in sweat, clutching a wrinkled paper bag. This is how the conversation went...


Kid: (out of breath) Ms. G, I...just..wanted...to...give..you...a...birthday gift.
Me: *looking at the bag suspiciously* Okay, what is it?
Kid: *handing me the crumpled bag* I know Golden Oreos are your favorite but I know that you said you wanted to lose weight...so I bought you a small box of oreos so you won't gain that much.
Me: *about to tear up* AWWWWW!! Thank you!! I am so touched!
Kid: *looking away* Okay...I'm gonna miss my bus.
Me: *clutching the cookies* Run, Charlie, Run!!!*

How sweet was that!
I know what you're thinking.
"Surely, she is going to keep THAT box of cookies as a keepsake."
Baby Crunch! Those cookies are gone! But we are having a cookie party in class with the other bajillion bags of cookies I racked up!

*not the kid's real name*