Don't Stop Believin'

I'm going to blame this one on Spiffy, because it is always easier to put the blame on someone else. She looked so good in her Simply Sketched pants that when they went on sale, I snatched them up immediately in the olive color (see Spiffy rock hers here). Score for me, I thought, getting these rad pants on sale - and being my first pair of pants ever from Anthropologie.

Well, figure my disappoint, ladies, when I got them in the mail and tried them on. Sorry, I couldn't include the pics because I don't want to subject you all to that kind of horror. Because it literally was The Horror when I tried them and took a pic of myself in them (no full-length mirror!) - I must be shaped like an upside-down mushroom or something because those pants did me no favors in so so many ways.

Like I mentioned before how leggings and I were not friends? Well, apparently skinny pants now have a beef with me and they gave me the high hard one today. So I guess if you're normal-shaped, the Simply Sketched pants are going to look rockin' on you - tight and slimming in all the right places. If you're shaped like me, oh don't even bother ... what a big letdown for my first pair of Anthro pants!

Are there any items from Anthropologie or J. Crew (or any any one else) that you pined for, loved from afar, and then were majorly disappointed with when you finally were able to get it and bring it home with you?


Excuse the wrinkled mass that is me today. The top really does fit better than the slobby mess it looks like in the pics!

Top: Anthropologie Iris & Navy Sweetheart sweatshirt
Skirt: J. Crew paisley mini (worn here and here before)
Shoes: Mossimo by Target wedges (worn here, here and here before)

In a completely unrelated note, if you missed out on the Anthro Field Herb cardi, there's a look-alike cousin that's popped up: