Here we are...

Ugh, Monday morning. I awoke to thrashing rain at the window (almost in Wuthering Heights style); our house is exposed on all sides to strong winds. I had every intention of going running until, on the school run it became abundantly clear that running would just be plain silly. I loped home instead and spent time in that uniquely Monday pursuit of putting the house back together. Pacing and walking and stepping items back to their rightful place; toys, clothes, stuff littered every where from the weekend. My friend E has a beautiful barn conversion house which is all on one level; she wore a pedometer for her 'putting back' exercise one day and found she covered eight kilometres!! EIGHT. Madness.

...all these images from the wonderful it's mary ruffle...so pretty it makes my heart ache...

I think when it rains like this it's hard to feel jovial, so it was with a slightly heavy heart that I restored order to my house. Now the rain has stopped and I wait for my spirits to rise a little, cuppa tea beside me. What is it about Monday mornings?

...impossibly perfect dishwasher contents...
So I decided to take a deep breath, turn the radio up, de-clutter a drawer, do something useful...til those Monday blues lift. After all, tomorrow's Tuesday...

...impossibly perfect and simple posies...