Then, and now...

If I reflect on what I was like and how I felt at different stages of my life I am starting to think I might just be at my best right now in my mid thirties.

In my teens; I was angst-ridden, wishing I wasn't tall, wishing I was plumper, not yet sure of anything. Gangly book-reading, diary-writing, Levis 501-wearing girl of girls.

...if only I had been even a smidgen of this cool...
In my twenties; gathering pace but still not sure, 'career'-hungry but also scared at the prospect. Dressing as I thought a 'woman' should dress, but somehow totally missing the point of being 20-something (with disposable income). Found my love but struggled with his view on life vs. mine. Married young. There did not seem to be much that was 'mine'. Well-travelled but not a traveller. Became a mother at 26...

20's = weddings and babies
Then my thirties; mother of two gorgeous Boos, gained baby weight then lost the baby weight. Happy in my own skin. Running, fitter than ever. Dressing for me; sure of my style. Out the other side; over the hump. My marriage makes complete sense. He makes sense to me. Everything is mine for the taking. I sense so much choice and possibility with life now. Children growing, life expanding.

...making choices in a great outfit via prettystuff...
Although whilst this contentment I feel now may appear somewhat...smug...I must admit in all my time I have never worked as hard at life as I work now. In previous times I took a much more passive approach to life, letting it mould itself. Now I am doing the moulding and I guess that's the difference. Should life be something to work hard at? Or should you just let it happen? And what will fourties and fifties bring?!