That's a Bunch of Bananas

I'm feeling vaguely scholarly / flight attendant-ish / riding instructor in a skirt today:



Top: Lands' End Canvas poplin shirt
Sweater: H&M (similar-ish online here)
Scarf: Ebay
Skirt: Banana Republic herringbone knife pleat (worn here and here before - similar online here)
Tights: Anthropologie berry bush (worn here before - similar online here and here)
Boots: Type Z (worn here and here before - similar online here and here)

+++

Don't forget, please send me your outfit photo outtakes tonight for tomorrow's Respect the Outfits reader feature! Funny faces, gawky poses, weird angles and bad lighting are encouraged!

Please send your pics to me at respecttheshoes(at)live.com!

+++

Cupcakes and Cashmere recently featured a recipe for miniature banana tarte tatins from Balthazar, which reminded me that I made a full size version of his dessert a few weeks ago from a much simpler (aka kindergarten cook-friendly) recipe that I had forgotten to share.

I'm a big fan of puff pastry and the BF's inner monkey digs the bananas so I thought what could be better than to blend our loves into one creamy flaky treat? The end result was not as pretty as what was pictured on the Saveur site where I got the recipe, but it does make for a simple cozy-night dessert. Here's a few pics of my banana tarte tatin: