Things of beauty...how are we today?

Friday I'm in love....with the idea of a quiet weekend! There is something about this time of year, where it gets dark at 4.30pm that just makes me want to snuggle up and nest. Yet instead there are social engagements galore and just altogether too much to do.

I have had a pensive time lately wandering what's it all about? I have no answers yet. Quelles surprise. It's always the case that I want to press 'pause' and consider whether I am happy. That elusive kind of happiness...am I content? Is everything OK? I suspect better to just not think too much about anything and enjoy the ride. I must try to learn to do that. Stop thinking; just be.

via Dust Jacket Attic






Ivory handles and lace...


I had a homemade package of prettiness delivered yesterday, from my friend Melissa...and it brought tears to my eyes it was just so, so lovely. 


Boo has a ballet exam coming up...the nerves...the tutus...the hair buns...it's 'Ballet Shoes' relived, which secretly I love. I am living vicariously through her.




I have posted a few paintings by this Danish artist, whose work is close to my heart. Makes me think of my Danish grandmother. 'Interior' by Vilhelm Hammershøi painted in 1901.


I think this the perfect mix of old and new...


Just love this bouquet with grey...

via Hey Gorgeous
Anna Friel in Vanity Fair...




via from me to you
via we are all in the gutter


I can't help feeling an absolute twinge of patriotism with this engagement announcement this week and by the way Kate - love the Issa dress! Perfect choice. This does, in some way,  make me feel happy and hopeful and pleased to be British.


Have a restful, chilled-out weekend...