Paradise Lost

Hey ladies, I'm back! After two exhaustive weeks in Singapore and then Hainan Province, I finally touched US soil again this morning - and blogs were blocked in China, so I had to go radio silent, argh!

I already shared a brief pic medley of my time Singapore, so below is another brief medley of my time on Hainan Province. And yes, though the work part was exhausting, I do have about fourteen mosquito bites on my legs and I am currently sick thanks to the wheezing sniffly gal who sat next to my on one of my flight legs home, it was a fantastic trip and I am so glad I had the opportunity to go.


I've stayed in my share of "holy moly craptastic" to "ain't half bad" hotel rooms. This hotel in Sanya however, was beyond. I could've stayed in my room the entire trip but how could I avoid playing on the beach?! I have never stayed in so nice of a hotel and I am begging our guys to go back again next year - pretty puh-lease!




I've had my share of delish Chinese fare - and then much too much of the baijiu and some just absolutely questionable items as well!


Fashion in the tropical clime of Hainan Province? Um ...


Nan Shan Cultural Park, which is the largest Buddhist preaching site established by the People's Republic, and houses the 108m tall Guan Yin Buddha (taller than the Statue of Liberty!) plus several temples. It is a beautiful, but psuedo-strange environment that is a cross between a Buddhist theme park and actual place of prayer.



And it houses a vegetarian restaurant that specializes in mock meat foods. Good, but slightly weird again!


+++

It'll probably take me a bit, but I'll be catching up on reading all your blogs this week!