DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love

I'm not going to lie, I don't remember how long ago it was when the BF and I got together. We've just never been big on memorializing specific events like first dates or anniversaries - that's just the way we are. But we met when we worked for the same company - we were two young transplants in a city where we didn't know anyone else and all us "kids" worked hard and played hard together.

We were friends first and hung out quite a bit "before" - though I am pretty sure I was crushing on him when I first glanced over at him and was asked to bring him upstairs to the spare computer to do his e-mail test during his initial interview. I never made a "move" though because - well, heck, I don't think I ever knew how to make a move.

I don't recommend doing what we did to start our relationship - one casual dinner and drinks during a business trip turned into one inpromptu date after bar-hopping and a few too many sickening sweet lunch boxes and captain's cream sodas. And while I think that cavorting with a co-worker would pretty much be the death knell to any potential relationship, it was the start of a great life adventure for the both of us.

Now, x number of years, three cities, too many dead house plants and one kooky pup later, we're still happy living our version of this thing called life together.

And that's the short of it for me. How did you and your significant other (past or present) meet?




Blazer: J. Crew herringbone professor (worn here before - similar luxe here or striped here)
Top: Lands' End Canvas gingham poplin (worn here before - similar here)
Jeans: J. Crew hipslung (worn here before - similar here)
Shoes: UO Kimchi Blue wingtip heels (worn here before)
Necklace: Natasha Grasso via Etsy
Shoe Clip worn as Brooch: Lilywinkel via Etsy