Things of beauty...

Hello, hello. A much better week this week, I have got my head together finally! Have you sensed there has been too much rattling round in there for a while?! It's exhausting trying to be 'at one' with oneself. Well at least it is for me...

Meanwhile, for months I have been trying so hard to help my son learn to read. I set myself a little goal that we would read every night, no excuses and the fact that I pledged to myself and to the Internet somehow worked and I have not missed one night. The net result: he's doing so much better at school. Accolades all round, so I am delighted. All you ever want for your kids is that they can do stuff; they don't have to be the best by any means, but you just don't want them to struggle with life.

 Still tweeting...it's a revelation! Still loving my blog. Still generally quite happy with life :-)


via crush cul de sac


Taking the world of pretty-picture-lovers by storm...bridal website BHLDN. As I am not getting married I swooned over the underwear...




We go skiing in a week but there is no snow in the Alps - well not no snow, but not much...please can there be a large snowfall??

via are so happy

It's the minutiae of life that reminds us what matters...




I realised that not one member of my family had read even one book of the 'Harry Potter' series...so I have ordered the box set...

...the beautiful Emma Watson...





I spied the first daffodils making efforts to remind us Spring is coming...




I could sleep for a week; every night I put my head on the pillow only to wake what feels like half an hour later, when of course a whole night has passed...


Boo is reading 'Anne of Green Gables' at the moment, out loud to me as I cook in the evenings. So utterly sentimental, it makes me cry just thinking about when Matthew Cuthbert gives her the dress with the puffed sleeves. It's always been about dresses for me! Love the series - have ordered the box set!



...Emily Blunt...



I have very little planned this weekend, time to regroup!
Have a lovely one...