Winter Afoot

Happy Monday, ladies! Here's a rundown of my cas weekend attire (and can you spot my pup - aka Trouble - in some of these pics?):



Sweater: Per Una by Marks & Spencer (worn here before - similar here or -ish here)
Dress: Mossimo by Target tiered
Belt: Anthropologie looping lanes (thanks to Julie from the EA trade market - similar here)
Tights: Target
Shoes: Xhiliration by Target teanna
Necklace: Laila Rowe (similar-ish here)



Top: Anthropologie Splendid two story (on sale, check stores - similar here)
Jeans: Banana Republic classic skinny (worn here before - similar here)
Earrings: Target (similar here or here)
Shoes: Anthropologie raines / Seychelles ring in the new year (worn here before - similar here as a booty)

And this is why short Lisa can't wear wide-leg jeans ...


Top: J. Crew milliner tissue tee (worn here before - similar-ish here)
Sweater: J. Crew cielo ruffle (similar here or color here)
Jeans: Gap essential (similar here)
Shoes: Guess Lawri (worn here before - similar here or lux here)

♣ ♣ ♣ ♣

The lovely Anne sent me an e-mail last week asking if I could put together a few recs for cold-weather footwear essentials. Now, I know we've all got spring fever, but if you live anywhere north in the States (or San Francisco, apparently), you're either still covered or you know there's yet another snow storm or two in the horizon, so unfortunately many of you gals are not out of the cold foot trenches just yet. Plus now is the perfect time of year to invest in a few cold weather pieces at fantastic savings ... So here are my decidedly "un" expert ideas on what I consider essential winter footwear:

♣  The All-Weather Snow Boot: Gotta have a pair - that's all I can say. Traction. Warmth. Waterproof. My Ugg DeSotos have taken me through Christmas snowpocalypse in NYC faithfully - just make sure yours has the rugged sole like these. They stayed blissfully warm and dry through three hours of shoveling and several other hours of snow frolicking. Sorels also can't be beat - they got the fur!

♣  The Rain Boot: If you live in a warmer weather clime, puddle jumpers are essential footwear as winter precipitation is rain. I personally prefer classic styles but this the perfect style to play up some bold color or fun pattern. My big sis swears by her Burberrys, but my personal faves are Kamiks as the insoles are padded and they've got awesome traction.


♣  The Flat Boot: Wanna the footies completely covered, sublimely comfortable and still be stylish? Then flat boots are for you. There are literally thousands of options out there - my flats for fall included ones from Bed Stu and Anthro (why have I not purchased shoes from Anthro until this winter?) Frye and Madden also make reliable and stylish options - think classic styling, unique details like brass rivets or buckles, a versatile pair you can wear with anything.

♣  The Heeled Boot: This is another style with two million options, but I'd say opt for go-with-anything colors black and brown first. I especially love these ridonkulous hot Choos or Pradas, but I must admit to clomping around like a baby trucker elephant in my heeled boots, so I'd opt for brands like Born that make super-comfy stacked heels that still rock.

♣  The Bootie: This was my cold-weather go-to shoe when I needed the footie coverage but still wanted to rock a cute skirt or dress. I'm a newbie to booties so I only own a basic pair by Vince Camuto but I really dug the lace-up combats, like ones by Seychelles for a more urban look.


What do you gals think? What are your cold-weather foot essentials? What gets you through the winter?