Back to the Future

I'm sure we're all feeling a big ole "bah humbug" about the Blogger-out days last week and the scores of now-missing posts and deleted comments. I decided to just stay clear of blogging for a few days while Blogger tries to fix itself right and save myself from frustration.

✿  ✿  ✿  ✿

I am back from my fam visit in NYC now with a slew of new-to-me pieces handed down from my big sis - and I've been fairly good on the shopping front too (we will not speak of the upcoming big Anthro tag sale set to hit tomorrow). All those temptations in the big apple and all I purchased was a pedometer (woooo weeee, I know) and a hat that is actually large enough to fit my apparently giant-size noggin.

Though I alwaus love the fam, it is always kind of weird to me coming home as an adult but still being treated like the baby of the family, such as:
  • When I walk into a room and my parents are discussing “adult matters,” they still get quiet so I don’t hear them
  • My parents and my big sis don’t let me pay for anything
  • My mom wakes me up in the morning about 30 minutes before my alarm – and she sticks her head into my room to tell me good night (regardless of whether or not I’m already asleep!)
  • My parents don’t trust me to drive by myself – my dad prefers to drive me everywhere and then pick me back up later
  • My mom likes to make the (innocent?) comment about how I look skinnier or chubbier after not seeing me for a while – but then proceeds to shove as much food in my direction as possible
  • My parents won’t let me cook - because of course I can't
  • I get frowny looks when I turn on the TV during the day
  • My mom still calls to ask when I’ll be home, if I have my keys, etc.
  • Fashion gets over-ruled by practicality – because who knows when someone will ask you to go mow the lawn, water the garden, take out the trash, crawl under the desk to plug/unplug something, baby sit the nephew
  • See above – chores still do exist
Do you gals feel weird about going home again after you've left the nest for a while?

IMG_4250

IMG_4244  IMG_4229

IMG_4241

Dress: Forever 21 linen frond blend (worn here before - similar-ish here, here)
Jacket: Juicy Couture knit peplum (similar here)
Belt: J. Crew metallic skinny (similar here)
Shoes: Nine West temani (worn here before - similar color here, peep-toe here)
Necklace: Old Navy ethnic statement