The little things to brighten a day...

I've got to say, it's not been the best of times lately. It's not that bad, but it's not great either. With one thing and another I feel like there are too many important matters that are being neglected in my little world. Try as I might (and I really do) I seem to never get on top of things. Sometimes this passes me by and I figure 'I can not do it all'. Other times it weighs heavy on my wellbeing, making it harder to see the light side. Along the way though, when working out what on earth should take the priority, some of these little things help me find my perspective.

Like Jake Gyllenhaal...one word: eyes...


Bowls of the freshest fruits, packed with vitamins that might just stave off the down-time lethargy.

via cannelle et vanille
A well thought out email from a dear friend whose empathy and advice made my worries about my currently tearful daughter seem less...worrying...

via sailboats and seersucker from luxe paperie
 The prospect of hot summer sun and nothing to do all day but be...


Going to bed when it's still just about light outside...all sleep is good sleep...

via toast
Beautiful flowers...I am almost considering retraining as a florist...!

via once wed