Take a Step that is New

I love seeing all the gorgeous pics of my fellow bloggers rocking their maxi-length dresses and midi-length skirts but I have a difficult time joining the bandwagon. I'm short and not tiny, and those lengths just tend to cut me off at weird places and make me look stumpy instead of svelte (seriously, I've tried, I'm not just whining for the sake of whi - well, so what if I am).

Granted, I should just take that as a reminder that trends are not made for everyone (and that's OK) and I should instead embrace the ones that suit me - like you, bright saturated colors, and you, tribal prints, and even you, early '80s-inspired platform sandals (Chrissy Snow would be proud).

But I still can't help to stare enviously at the leggy gals with their long skirts swirling at their ankles or grazing across their calves, looking both incredibly modern and on-trend, yet classic and modest. So I think I will get as closely long as I dare at the moment and sport the boldly shocking just-below-the-knee length. I know you're all impressed, I can tell.

Are there any warm-weather trends that you are intimidated by?

IMG_3870

IMG_3890  IMG_3841

IMG_3861

Top: LE Canvas stretch poplin (worn here before - similar here)
Chemise worn as tank: Anthropologie (similar cami here or here)
Skirt: LE button-front chambray (good sub for the Madewell sightseer skirt)
Belt: Mossimo by Target (similar here)
Shoes: Xhiliration by Target teanna (worn here before - similar here, here)
Necklace: Overstock overlay camelia flower (worn here before - similar here)
Cuff: Sweet Auburn Studio via Etsy