Reading with a Dorrie

Feeling academic today in my gingham button-down, khaki skirt and sensible mary janes. All I need is a good hefty read, a bicycle and a sturdy shade tree to sit under. Too bad real life weather is bringing back tinges of winter that is almost literally raining on my parade.

What happened to spring? My legs are covered, my warm jacket is so close, and my fingers are freezing as I type this!

How are you ladies getting by the winter-to-spring transition? Are you wearing your new spring threads despite the chilly March air or still bundled in your winter wools?

IMG_2655

IMG_2661  IMG_2689

IMG_2679  IMG_2670

Top: Lands' End Canvas poplin gingham (worn here before)
Sweater: Anthropologie Guinevere roaming frills (worn here before - similar here / here, beige twin here)
Skirt: J. Crew dorrie
Tights: Target
Shoes: Artisan by Clarks (worn here before - similar here or here)

♠   ♠   ♠   ♠

Time for another Respect the Outfits reader feature! This time, let's go back to one of our fave retailers - Anthropologie! As much as we love the retailer, our wallets can't always afford to buy its stuff. So let's flex our closet-creative juices and please send me your interpretation of an Anthro-inspired outfit featuring no - or very few - actual Anthro pieces. See the first Anthro-inspired reader post for more information and see how some of the other lovely ladies rocked the look!

Please send me your pic and outfit details (and include a link to the original post if you'd like some link love) by Tuesday, April 5 - post will go live next Wednesday! Outfit does not need to be brand new - recent outfits are good too! Pics and info can be sent to respecttheshoes(at)live.com.