Things of beauty...

A week of playing catch-up. The weather has turned to Spring, which I love, but am not exactly ready  in the wardrobe department! I found myself searching out my trusty ballet flats (and scouring the web for the perfect new pair); ditching the winter boots. I have my fingers crossed Spring will stay and as the clocks change this weekend, everything is ostensibly drawing towards the lighter months. But this being England, I am reserving judgement.

As usual a time of thoughts for me; some of which I have shared here on friendship and cooking and life lessons. Some of our decisions from recent months have come home to roost, career choices and lifestyle choices. Isn't it funny that just when you think you have it all sorted something blindsides you? Nothing major or serious but more to add to the melting pot of musing that I walk around with.

Thank you for stopping by - always a pleasure...never a chore!

Welcome to my 'things of beauty'! Mr J Gyllenhaal starts the proceedings (deep breath) oh those blue eyes...!

'OHHH MY'....photograph by Henry Leutwyler in Esquire
photograph by Katie Quinn Davies on her blog what katie ate

photograph by Joshua Jordon
I adore these milk glasses on the mantel...

photograph by Edina Van Der Wyck in 'At Home with Country'

via plumo

via emerson made
Kate Winslet looking fabulous in this month's Vogue; the hair and the ring catch my eye...

photograph by Mario Testino in UK Vogue
from Country Living

I am tempted...a little Royal Wedding memento...the world will be watching Will and Kate...

Cath Kidston




the ethereal Ms Monroe
Christina Hendricks photographed by Joshua Jordon for LA Times
via le petit happy from etsy

Freja for Georg Jensen...love the styling in this ad. Especially the iconic jug and candle sticks. I wore the necklace like hers on my wedding day.



photograph by Amelia Lyon

Have a delightful weekend - waste some time, why don't you? And remember...breathe!