Brief Gingham Meeting



Top: Lands' End Canvas gingham poplin (worn here and here before)
Skirt: Delicia eyelet via Alloy (worn here, here and here before)
Shoes: Mossimo by Target wedges (worn here, here and here before)
Belt: cheapie via Ebay

Late last week I got my Brief Meeting blazer in from Anthropologie. I typically have to be really tempted to buy anything for full price at Anthro, but the overall good reviews from other bloggers and seriously dwindling online inventory got my mouse-clicking fingers too itchy and I finally had to scratch.

Oh boy, I had no regrets on this purchase, ladies. What a great basic-but-not blazer that would be great for work and play. I love the shape it gives me (a full skirt is probably not the best blazer companion though) and the ruched sleeves. I do recommend sizing up if you plan to wear anything underneath though - I tried my usual size in store and though it fit perfectly in the shoulders, it was too tight across the chest to close even just the top buttons comfortably (and I am not exactly ample in that area). I ended up purchasing one size up and though it is a wee bit loose overall, I am definitely happier with the fit.

If any of you gals are considering this jacket, don't wait too long - they seem to be going fast!


Now we'll see how much my resolve can hold out before I "have to have" the Alma Mater jacket and Peppered & Striped skirt, because I don't think those items will ever make it to sale either!

Any new fall arrivals from Anthro, J. Crew or any other retailer seriously tempting you?