Where I live...

I saw this post on the sweetest, gentlest blog Everyday Musings with snapshots of Olivia-Rae's charming home. Made me want to do the same...little soupcons of where I live to see what the overall view looked and felt like.

Our house is a good house; I always love returning to it after time away. It has a strong feel to it, being old and solid, it's sure of itself. We bought it six years now and over time it has become our own. Some parts of it are so very, very old, I must admit I try not to think about the people who must have lived and died here since the 16th century! But it's filled with a mix of possessions, gathered over years, that make it our home. Living in a farmhouse did force me to adjust my minimalist sensibilities and embrace the 'country' look.

Anyone who reads the blog Simple Thoughts will also understand the 'white' thing...Paige's house is the most lovely example of a simple, white, uncluttered place.  Honestly, it makes me want to white-wash my entire house.

I look at these snapshots from my home and see - my colours, just like my blog incidentally, are cream and grey and blue...


The ancient but trustworthy vintage Rayburn cooker in our kitchen.
Knotty ceiling beams in the oldest part of the house.
Time for tea?
The weeping willow tree outside.


My favourite reading chair.
The view from our bedroom window; this season's crop is sweetcorn, to be harvested any day now.
A sailboat; a gift for my husband.
Liberty print chairs in the kitchen.


Danish coloured milk glass.
Grey drawers.
Radio waves.
Wooden soldiers in Boo 2's room.


French ticking roman blinds.
Boo's Doll's House.
Iron bed scroll and my dressing table.
Farmhouse stairway.

What would your snapshots be of? I'm curious now...