The Navy Household

Here's me today, copying a recent look from myself:



Top: Ann Taylor cotton voile ruffled (worn here before)
Skirt: Zara elastic-waist (worn here and here before)
Shoes: Indigo by Clarks Edamame (worn here, here and here before)

I'm currently a little miffed at the BF. And I'm probably too passive aggressive about it, because I doubt he knows I'm kind of upset with him. What's the reason, you ask?

Something completely ridiculous, of course - household chores. Meaning I do them and he doesn't. We're both adults who've been living together for a few years now and both have full times jobs. However, I think he subconsciously believes that it is my duty to do the chores (partly because he grew up in a traditional southern family where his mom worked full time, raised two kids and did all the home chores and the cooking - and partly because I am a little uptight about keeping the house clean and figure it is easier for me to just pick up the socks than to have to ask someone else to do it).

So what's the best way about things when you've got two people with two different ideas of responsibility and neatness? We've talked about it, but I don't think anything sticks on his side. A tidy home is just not a priority for him. And I do believe I am just as much as fault because I do baby him by doing all the chores and I am a wee bit anal about how the chores should be done.

And rationalization of things aside, here's me whining: if I don't initiate the cleaning, we may very well end up in a sty because there will be dirty glasses all over the place, the floors will be crunchy and sticky to no end, the bed sheets will never ever be washed, and the laundry will be done only when every last sock and pair of boxers are dirty ... and he's got loads of socks and boxers. When the BF lived alone, his kitchen trash can was a 55 gallon rubber bin, his clean clothes lived in a pile on top of his washer while his dirties lived in a pile on the floor in the bathroom, and he wore shoes or slippers all the time because he didn't want to touch the floor. Oh come on!!!!!

Hopefully I'm not alone in this predicament. Do you and your significant other have problems regarding how to run your household? How do you gals work around these issues to find a happy medium?