Checkered Floral

Ugh, I think my hair is officially getting to gnat's nest stage, which means I'm a few weeks overdue for a hair cut. How is it my hair can go from "great cut and color" to "what the-?!" seemingly overnight?

I usually hate to go to the salon because sitting in a chair making small talk for two hours is booooring, plus I feel guilty because recently I've been "cheating" on my stylist with another stylist from the same salon. So yes, I do plan my appointments on the days when my original stylist is off so I can see the new gal. I feel bad because my original stylist and I had kind of bonded - I know all about her family and goings on, and we always catch each other up when we see each other ... but let's face it, the other stylist does better hair. Is there some sort of salon etiquette for changing stylists?

Anyway, here's my today (yes, I wore almost the exact same outfit before):



Shirt: Lands' End Canvas poplin gingham (worn here, here and here before)
Skirt: Ann Taylor (worn here before)
Belt: J. Crew metallic skinny
Shoes: Sofft Giovanna

Here was me all casual'd out for some weekend shopping. Can you believe I didn't buy anything at the mall? OK, I did go home and order the Brief Meeting blazer online - what am I going to do once free shipping at Anthro ends?! (I seriously refuse to pay shipping for anything clothing-related. I know I'm weird, but it bugs me out!)


Top J. Crew Island paisley perfect (worn here before)
Shorts: Banana Republic cotton chino
Shoes: DVF Lush flip flops
Bag: J. Crew quilted tote

And below was my dress for date night out with the BF over the weekend. I had already made a mental note that this dress is a wee too short for work - well, I have added another note that it may be a wee too short for cocktails too, especially after cocktails! 


Dress: Forever 21 silk solid flora (worn here before)
Belt: J. Crew metallic skinny
Shoes: Kenneth Cole Reaction Swim n Fool (worn here before)