Lou's Tuesday muse...

Yep, so post-holiday blues are still well and truly with me; summer heat and bikini days seem like a distant memory...so I am resorting to capturing this sort of place (love that sun-bleached wood) in my mind's eye every time it gets too much!

via Beauty, Comfort and Joy

I turn my thoughts to the home. Home is where the heart is - wanderlust can only last so long. White-washed simplicity.


And I ponder...shouldn't motherhood look like this all the time? Doesn't Kate Hudson look like such good fun? My children, having been in my constant company for weeks and weeks, are now in need of school. Is this me projecting my need for them to be at school or is it actually their need? Hard to say. I am trying to regain some structure in life after the complete free-form that was our holiday. Holiday rules rule...but then real life must return...

Kate Hudson and her gorgeous son
And so the weather turns - almost imperceptibly - to Autumn. Even a sunny day does not have that summer feel any more. Transitional dressing is required...like this...effortlessly chic.


But it's the simple things...a cuppa tea, a quiet moment, a tidy room, the pages of a book, thinking space. I think, in fact I know, that this seasonal change, life changing, adjusting, preparing; it's all good. So despite the changes and their effect on my temperament, my cup is most definitely full. :-)