Run Around

The BF and I did the impossible this morning - we both got up early (I guess that makes it two impossible things!) and then went outside and jogged!!!!

Now I am sure eyerolls are abounding because a lot of you gals do this as part of life every day. Well, ladies, in all the years the BF and I have known each, I have never ever seen him run on purpose before (connecting flights at airport terminals don't count). And lest you think I'm all high and mighty, I honestly may have jogged once or twice on a biz trip about two years ago, but I haven't literally pounded the pavement regularly since college.

This momentous occasion (momentous for us non-running sad sacks) was spurred on by us agreeing to turn over a new leaf last night while gorging ourselves on carne asada tacos with rice and beans.  We've both become way too lazy folks who are not active enough. He's goes to the gym a few times a week to "pump it up" and I do yoga/pilates regularly, but we've been avoiding feeling the real burn for a while now (and my weekly Yoga Booty Ballet sessions with my friends ain't cutting it - sorry ladies, but we yammer more than booty shake).

So how was our first run? Well, we ran around the block. Once. And when we passed our house the BF didn't skip a beat as he ran right up the steps and back inside. And despite my protests, I shamefully followed suit. So we probably did about 0.000051 mile. Lame ... but more than we've done before!

To all you runners out there, how do you recommend for novices to get started? And what keeps you gals motivated?

And here's my OOTD:



Dress: Anthropologie Floreat Castle Lake
Sweater: Anthropologie Guinevere Roaming Frills
Belt: J. Crew metallic skinny
Shoes: Sofft Giovanna (worn a million times before)

BTW, some of you gals may have gotten a new post blip from me on your Google Readers yesterday that didn't have a post attached. Well, I tried to get "arty" with my non-existent photography skills and ended up with some lame too-dark pics - so I posted briefly before thinking the wiser and taking the post down. But here's what I wore yesterday (inspired by a recent outfit from Fallon - thanks for blogger inspirations!):