Things of beauty...the return

I wake to another cloudy, rainy day here...did I miss something or did October arrive without me noticing? Seriously. To go from the arid heat of Portugal to this? My suntan is well and truly under wraps. I know I am weather-obsessed but really - can you sense my disappointment? I think I must embrace it; think Sunday roasts and Ugg boots and windfall from our apples trees (which by the way are literally aching under the weight of apples this year).

Post holiday blues? Ummm not me...well, not completely. Missing that light and breeziness. I came home and was so relaxed I forgot all of my work-related passwords. Really. So I can't get into my laptop, let alone work. It's strangely liberating ;-)

I am sensing the kids need to go back to school soon; that feral element is setting in! We have a quiet weekend planned; it's a bank holiday so that means family time...

Meanwhile some prettiness...there is after all, so much of it in the world.



Really must try my hardest to hang on to this sentiment!


Whenever I get into post-holiday planning mood, my thoughts turn to Florida, which still represents my ideal family holiday, having spent so much time there as a child. Seashell love...






Ribboned wreath...just simple and gorgeous...


Icy blonde...





Late summer croquet with my favourite Adirondack chairs. I was just meant to spend summer in the Hamptons...


Country Living
Are floaty dresses really over for another year?

via Vintage Home
I have white-washed longing...


And while we are here I adore this retro-print skirt on Zooey Deschanel...


Royal Copenhagen blues...


Palm tree heaven and brogues...unlikely combination!


Blue and white crispness. Doesn't this look so inviting and clear?

via it's mary ruffle
Must stop thinking of sandy beaches...time to move on...


Clear the decks...


Just one more...'Promenade at Skagen' by Danish artist Peter Severin Kroyer in 1893.