Paisley New Neighbors

I hadn't placed an order with J. Crew in some time, even with a gift card burning a hole in my pocket, so when this top finally made it to sale, I had to snatch it up. I've seen it in stores before and loved it there, but once it was home, I kind of had to scratch my head at what to match the top with. The ivory-looking background is kind of really light peach/pink, and the black paisley is more dark grey.

I still love the top, but can't think beyond pairing it with blue or with jeans (i.e., blue). You gals have any recs?



Top: J. Crew Island paisley (now on sale!)
Skirt: Anthropologie Edme & Esyllte Circle the Globe (worn here before)
Belt: Anthropologie Infinity
Shoes: Sofft Giovanna (worn here and here before)

On a side note, we've got some new neighbors that moved in. I found out when the Fedex lady came by yesterday to drop off a package, and while I was signing for it, something bounced off her head and landed on the floor. We both looked down at the ground at it, and then turned our heads up at the awning right over the front door before staring then at each other. Beat. The package was handed over quickly to me and she skitted down the steps into her truck and I quickly closed the door, not to use the front entrance again for the rest of the day.

What had us both perturbed? Our unwelcome guests:



Those are not bees. Bees like to form a little community and raise their young on yummy honey and go happily buzzing around the neighbors gardens to help Mother Nature do her thing. Nor are these guys the fat round happy-go-lucky bumble bees that fly around in pairs and like bumping repeatedly into my windows before deciding instead to jokingly dive-bomb the BF on the back deck. No, these little fellas are wasps (and not the nice church-going ones) - the types that like to attack folks for no reason and can repeatedly stick their pointy butts at you.

So in the words of the landlord, "your rent's due, [insert noun here]!" The landlord being the BF (aka the wasp-inator, aka the hornet killer, aka the guy in khakis and a polo who will be making a trip to Lowes after work today to get some pressurized insecticide spray because he found out the hard way that throwing water at them just makes the wasps angry and they will chase after you even though it's dark out).