Weekend Whooga

A few weeks ago, I was contacted by the folks over at Whooga and was offered an opportunity to review a pair of their sheepskin Ugg boots. Even though I've always been lukewarm about Ugg boots (I've blamed Britney Spears before and I'll do so again), I did recently purchase my first pair of Ugg Australia brand boots (the Desoto), and with the prospect of colder months approaching, thought it'd be great to add these to my "cozy toes" collection.

I picked the Classic Tall boot in chestnut from the Whooga collection and got mine in the mail in about a week. Granted it is too dang hot right now for extended wear, but the BF keeps our home freezy enough that I could warrant trotting around the house in these for a few hours.


My first reactions about the boots were "yep, Ugg boots haven't gotten any prettier." Everyone looks like they have big teddy bear feet in these things, and they just don't seem like the sort of thing that should be worn outside (I mean you, ladies visiting Target in your pajama bottoms and fuzzy booties - there's nothing cute about it).

However once my feet slip into these boot things, they kind of sighed. These boots are super-warm and padded - and cozy! I preferred the look of the boots with the tops rolled down - they add a nice furry touch. I can't speak for quality as I can't compare them to other Ugg boots, but the Whoogas are about half the price of similar Ugg Australia boots, so I think they'd be a nice less-expensive alternative.


PROS:
Cozy toasty warmth
Comfort from the on-set
Fast delivery

"MEHS":
Boots came shipped in their own shoe box instead of being placed in an outside box, so shoe box got a shipping beat down. I wasn't too personally bothered by it since the boots were in fine condition, but non-packaging didn't make for an awesome first impression.

CONS:
I'm not sure I'd wear these out of the house because of the style (but it ain't freezing outside yet either!)
Outer soles seem kind of cheap and there was mild slippage on smooth flat surfaces

I believe Whoogas are only available for purchase online direct from the manufacturer, so make sure to read all their policies like you would with any other retailer you're visiting for the first time. Check out Whooga's site out if you get a chance.

What do you ladies think about Ugg boots in general?