Mats4u dropped in

A while ago I emailed http://www.mats4u.co.uk to ask if they would comment on the popularity of their product, the 'Please take off your shoes' doormat. Unfortunately, I never got a reply. Perhaps the sales person who dealt with email queries was not sure what to do with it. Never mind.

However, the marketing manager for http://www.mats4u.co.uk was kind enough to comment on this blog. You can read his comment here. He informs me that they sell approximately one 'shoes off' doormat a month.

I don't think that tells us anything about how common shoes-off policies are in the UK, as most people who have one are not necessarily going to buy a shoes-off doormat. Some 'Offalists' might think them more officious than a verbal request and others may have their friends so well-trained that they don't need one.

I think it would be nice if more people would buy one. I would suggest that if you have a shoes-off policy you might like to consider it. I know it is not cheap, but it is a very good quality doormat. If enough of you order it, perhaps they can make it a stock item. Think about it.

Please Take Off Your Shoes Doormat