Inspiration: Bold Boutonniere

Sorry about the uninspired post yesterday - I was totally feeling under the weather and barely was able to put two thoughts together. The one half-thought bumbling around in my head just kept saying "gotta post, gotta post." The other half thought was just trying to hit the right keys on the keyboard.

So anyhoo, feeling a little better today, I'm going to turn to something that is inspiring - like the Bold Boutonniere dress from Anthropologie's early fall '09 collection. I must admit I wasn't really quite an Anthro-head at that point and totally missed out on this beautiful dress. Plus it seemed a little ... girly? to me and tomboy-at-heart-me is still trying be OK with "looking pretty."


But after seeing the likes of Kim from Anthroholic and Amy from Kelinda.Kelinda and Justine from Fetching Fashions rock the socks off the dress (and knowing all I can do now is Ebay stalk it) I was thinking of what I could pull together from my closet to try to emulate at least the feeling - if not a little of the look as well - of that beautiful rosette-y stripe-y piece of dress.

Here's my "shopping the closet" version of the Bold Boutonniere. Not sure if I'm close, but I do sure feel "pretty". BF did a double take this morning and I think he got nervous for a while trying to think if he messed up the date for Valentine's or forgot a birthday or something. Nope ... but you bet he'll be taking me out for dinner tonight!




Cardigan: Target
Top: J. Crew Evie ruffled silk
Skirt: J. Crew striped menswear
Tights: Target
Shoes: Franco Sarto
Belt: Urban Outfitters Deena & Ozzy stretch in ivory