Ski lunches...a drop of heaven...


Baby it was cold outside! One of the best ever life-enriching experiences has got to be to ski, with your family to a little French log cabin that serves great food, nestled in the mountains. You get inside, shielded from the weather and it looks like this...


Every where you look there are hearts - and you know how I love those...


And you order the Savoyard delight - tarteflette - potatoes, lardons and about as much melted cheese as you can manage; its the most warming mountain food...

I am newer to this skiing business - my husband's family have been doing it for years. So we take our kids - its abit of a tag-team holiday, we spend alot of time resembling pack-horses, getting the Boo's skis/poles/general stuff up the mountain and getting them delivered to ski school. I only learned to ski in my 20's so I will never have that fearless ski ability that my kids now have. They shoop down the mountain, even our 4 year old, and I trail a little behind just in wonderment that they can do it so well! Makes me very proud :-)

So to stop for lunch, all rosy-cheeked and find a gift of a restaurant like this one...its called Le Vaffieu for anyone visiting Morzine in France...its heavenly for me.