Let the spring covet begin...


I am so predictable...seriously, I am a shopper of habit. Having spent many a month lusting after winter wear, scouring the internet for the perfect pair of winter boots and don't even get me started on the whole Max Mara cube coat extravaganza (let's just say that friends who went through it with me will shudder - but now I have my 'cube baby'!)...its now predictably that I turn to spring. I always convince myself that I will not get seduced by new season's collections; I will take my time as I hate to buy stuff that can't be worn for months on end until the weather picks up. So that should count me out of any spring/summer shopping til...hmmm...May/June time. English weather is really not that obliging when it comes to giving new wardrobe items an outing...

So - this all being true, why is it that I am now lusting after, coveting, dreaming of little cotton dresses and open toe sandals and linen tunics and sweet-coloured ballet shoes... Having bare feet, no scarf, no coat, flimsy fabrics, warmth in the air - let's get straight to it: the sun!!! I need to shop! The Toast catalogue plopped on my doormat yesterday, photographed beautifully in summer loveliness and I ended up turning the corner over of about 10 pages, all containing 'must-have' spring items. I must get control of myself. Clearly spending a week in salopettes last week has affected me...

Tunic from Toast...

Dress from Jigsaw...


Trousers from Isabella Oliver 365...

Dress from Anthropologie....


Dress from Odd Molly...

Blazer from Toast...

Ummmm...when was that warmer weather arriving...?