Large Skirts and Summer Boden

I wanted to keep my skirt-wearing streak going (woo hoo, third day straight - a new personal record), so I broke out this oldie but goodie of mine. Unfortunately it's an oldie only because I've had it for over two years and this is the second time I've worn it.

I remember buying this skirt during my first visit to Singapore on a shopping expedition with a friend. She was normal height and maybe a size 4/6, I am short and typically a size 2 - so I didn't really consider either of us big by any means ... but apparently in Singapore, we're a wee bit larger than the average gal.

The gals in Singapore are mostly all petite and slender. Which helped me not feel like a shorty but my standard 2 in the US was like a size L over there. And my friend got sized out of some clothes!

So I considered myself lucky to get this skirt and I really like the colors. Plus it's got pockets and kind of school-girl pleats. BF said I was very ... "studious-looking" today.




Jacket: J. Crew wool herringbone
Sweater: Banana Republic ballet neck
Skirt: purchased over two years ago in Singapore
Tights: Target ... apparently always Target
Shoes: Stone Mountain wedges via Endless
Necklace: Urban Outfitters multi stone bib

And FYI ladies, Boden is previewing their summer collection (Summer already?!) and offering a 10% discount and free shipping/returns on their new items. Click here to go to the preview site and use code PRUS if the discount doesn't already automatically apply.

So many pretty things. I think they've gone dotty this summer, but I don't mind. Too bad they won't ship until April. Oh well, I can just peruse their regular site here.