One Step Closer to Oprah!

So my plan is working! If you are a regular follower/lurker on my page then you know that I have a plan that has been in motion for over a year to meet Oprah and infiltrate her inner circle.

Here is how the plan is supposed to work. (Recap)


1. Be featured on fellow bloggers site to create a buzz. (done)
2. Be The Feature Blogger for SITS.Com (DONE!!)
3. Someone from SITS knows someone that knows someone that knows someone that knows Gayle and invites Gayle to visit my site.
4. Gayle stops what she is doing and calls Oprah!
5. Gayle tells Oprah that she must read God's Favorite Shoes blog!

6. Oprah sends for me to talk about blogging, style, teaching, or teaching with style. Whatever works for her. I'm flexible.
7. When I get there, Oprah will surprise me with a book publishing deal or a job on her O' Magazine writing staff or hire me as a staff style consultant. (I totally made that last position up!)
8. I will be so funny, cute and witty that she will invite me for different segments on the show...bumping Dr. Oz's segments.
9. Oprah will ask me to be in her "inner circle" with Gayle, Andre the hairdresser, Nate the design guru and Stedman!
10. Who cares about #10 if steps 1 through 9 works!
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!


Well, my plan is working! We all know that everyday and every step is getting me closer to the O. Today, I am THAT much closer because I am the FEATURE BLOGGER OF THE DAY for SITS.COM!

For those uninformed, SITS is basically a blogging community to support and encourage readership. Just think of it as a support group for crackheads. Today I am the TOP CRACKHEAD...I mean Feature Blogger! It's a big deal!

Welcome to all my visitors. This blog initially started out as a way to show my style to "thick" women but I started caring less about the Jelly and more about making sure this Jelly looks good in heels! So then it just became a blog about my style and having that style on a budget. 

 Along the way, I've become an expert thrifter and self appointed, non credentialed, never been hired stylist who happens to like her shoes. In my world, a belt under the boobs, Spanx and a high heel pretty much solves the world's problems. I am the teacher that might possibly love her shoes a little more than her students...but around these parts...that's okay!

 To show off some Southern hospitality and help you around the place, here are a few links to my favorite posts. They "almost always" include something about thrifting, my allergic reaction to crocs or Christmas sweaters, my affection for the invention of Double Stuffed Golden Oreos, my mind wondering at the most akward times, my plan to be Oprah's BFF before she goes off the air, my obsession with black lately or my abusive relationship with pretty shoes that hurt my feet!

1. You want to see a grown woman play in snow?...click here:)
2. You want to know what I do while I'm at work?...click here:)
3. You want to learn how to wave to a hater?...click here:)
4. You want to know what I think about when I go to a club?...click here:)
5. You want to see how my first adult Halloween experience went?...click here:) It was not pretty!
6. You want to read my letter of apology to a Shoe Designer?...click here:)
7. You want to know what happens when people like me go to the gym?...click here

I got dressed up for this occassion! Not that I need an excuse to do so!

(Note to self: Shorten the length on this dress to above the knee. Never hide the calves. NEVER!)

Well, okay...I technically got dressed up for Jesus on Sunday but let's just say it's for you! Don't let this wrap dress fool you...I will bust out a catsuit and blazer with the quickness!