thirtysomething moment...


Admittedly it was never going to be a great day...husband battled back to corporate life today, I am still ill today, kids off school and no fun arranged today, house a tip today, altogether too much laundry to do today...

Its one of those thirtysomething sort of days. One of those 'how did I get here?' days when I think: last week we were family ski; this week we are split again into our daily lives of work and home. Ohhh those post-holiday blues are biting!

Its thirtysomething as there is that in-built angst about today that was always weighing heavy in the TV show...for those who remember it with fondness. Hope and Michael, Nancy and Elliot, Melissa and Gary. When I was at university one of my dearest friends and housemates insisted on watching re-runs of thirtysomething most weeks, as if we needed to revise for the later life that we are now actually living! I am now thirtysomething...waiting for my version of Micheal Steadman to walk through the door to share dinner and a glass of wine, to chat about the kids, to update on friends and family, to plan the week, next month, next year. Bizarre! Still I loved the show - wonder if you can get it on DVD these days?