Jailhouse Rock


My latest Anthro acquisition: The Slate Stripes Shift by Maeve. I'm not sure what it was about this dress that drew my attention - maybe because I like Maeve dresses. Or maybe because I heart stripes. Or maybe because I found this on Ebay for about a third of retail and thought, what the hey.

Well ... hey.

Yes, it does look slightly reminescent of something a fashionable jailbird would be wearing. And yes, it looks mildly ... sacky. But it's got cute red buttons on the back and though the fit is loose, it is cut so it doesn't gap at the underarms.

On the dress form.

On me, un-retouched. :o) I was just trying it on and didn't feel like taking my tissue t-neck off.
Bad #1: Unfortunately the dress looks on me exactly like it does on the dress form.

Me being a silly-butt. Speaking of butt - Bad #2: This dress does NOT pass the bend-over test.
And yes, that is that a saggy dress paunch up front - Bad #3, I guess.

Redeeming #1: I kind of like it with a belt. Sans t-neck and with a cute cardi over it, it may work.

Redeeming #2 & #3: The material is lightweight and soft, and the dress is super-comfy on.
Plus I like the cute contrast stitching detail.

OK, so I'm kind of undecided on this one. But I think I can make it work (only partly because I can't return it since I purchased it off Ebay) and I kind of like having some Anthro pieces that not everyone will be wearing.

What do you gals think? Hopefully not an unanimous "nay"?