California Dreamin'

Bonjour from the Left Coast! I don't go to California a lot - actually I am probably biased against the state as a whole from some bad trips to LA a few years back - but I am currently in San Diego for a show and I would like to use this opportunity to take back everything negative I've ever said or thought about Cali.

San Diego is beautiful - and the climate is perfect - and it is by the ocean! Having lived in land-locked states for the past few years, I must admit there is something immediately soothing about being able to look out into the vast expanse of sea.

My hotel is in the Gaslamp District and the area is fabulous. There are a ton of restaurants and shops that line the streets (and like the world's largest Forever 21 at Horton Plaza!) and I have done a bit of shopping and eaten like a King since I first got here - Oceanaire and Tin Fish are my faves so far. And there's a Pinkberry down the street - I'm so excited to try it!

I'll be back home in a few days and will be returning to my regular posts shortly!

A room with a view: the cool hotel rooftop pool deck.
It looks great - but I don't do water.

Looking in from the outfield at Petco Park, home to the Padres.

Call me lame, but this is my first sighting of a yacht with a heli on it IRL, so I had to take a pic and share.

Mm, mm, the yummy mahi mahi tacos at the Tin Fish.