Off to a Start

Let's start off with my OOTD before I getting rolling on my eating shpeel:


I know I wore this cardi and shoes not two weeks ago but I felt a little dressed up last time and wanted to do this cardi casual today. Plus the shoes are purple - how could I not play the matchy game?

Not sure if the rolled up jeans deal worked out but it felt more spring-like than a full pair of pants. Do you think this is a total fail for a shorty like me (just ignore how white my legs are)?



Cardigan: Forever 21 Twist peplum country
Tank: J. Crew silk brulee
Jeans: old as heck J. Crew boot cuts
Shoes: Aldo

And my eating shpeel ...
I am not a healthy eater by nature. Through most of college and during my first few years at work, I preferred to go to lunch with the guys better than the girls partly because I knew we weren't going to end up at some "cute" little cafe where they gave me half a tea sandwich and a thimbleful of soup to eat. I'd rather go to any of our area hole-in-the-wall restaurants where I could have my fill of chicken enchiladas or greasy cheesesteak sandwiches.

But it's spring 2010 (and I don't think I have my age 18 metabolism anymore) and BF is venturing back to his P90X workout routine (he did a whole week, then stopped for two weeks, and now is restarting) so I thought I'd be supportive by trying to make us both healthier eaters (because P90X and I are not yet friends). So here are two random pics of my first steps to a healthier eating direction from yesterday:

Breakfast: Greek yogurt with multi-grain Cheerios, grapes, strawberries and a banana.

Lunch: Bibb lettuce salad with cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, grapes, turkey, pepperchinis and Greek dressing.

I'm going to leave out the pics of the gi-normous chicken tacos, steak burritos and chips we ended up gorging on for dinner ... still kind of full ...