Sister and brother...Boo 1 and 2


How can it be that two children who have come from the same parentage can be so very different?! My two children; one of each - a girl and a boy. In lots of ways they are the same - but their personalities are diametric opposites!

I find the whole process fascinating - how they develop and become people. I met my new nephew on Sunday and was struck how little correlation there is between that tiny little newborn and what he will become; a real thinking person. With my children, its hard to believe they were ever babies like that.

My observations:

My daughter

  • Oh-so-complex...there's a alot of female angst - even at the age of 8.
  • Needs a daily fix of reassurance.
  • Conducts an elaborate falling asleep regime every night. This consists of shouting out 'I can't get to sleep' and needing to tell everyone in the house.
  • Pretty as a painting; delicate and graceful. I think she is so beautiful it makes my heart ache.
  • Indecisive.
  • Worries about consequences.
  • Worries generally.
  • Astute, empathetic.
  • Funny, wry, sharp-minded.
  • Gymnastic-bouncing, willowy.
  • Loving.
My son
  • What you see is what you get.
  • Blonde curls - surfer boy.
  • Makes decisions, sticks with it, no deviation, no regrets.
  • Says he's not tired then falls asleep within 2 minutes flat.
  • Cuddly and gives cuddles, snuggly, warm.
  • No agenda; hidden or otherwise.
  • Comedy clown - has a knack for making people laugh and smile.
  • Passionate.
  • Football-kicking, rugby-ball-carrying.
  • Sturdy, strong.
  • Straight-forward.
Chalk and cheese?

And so, thank you so much for all of your comments and advice from my last post. Maybe the Universe is unaligned at the moment?

We had a pyjama day yesterday, the kids and I. First day of Easter holidays - pouring rain and wind outside. We lit the fire, lolled on the sofa and watched TV all day, had porridge and sprinkles for dinner, got an early night and now, I feel abit better :-)