City of Kelowna “Spirit of Kelowna Award”

I was very honoured to have received the City of Kelowna “Spirit of Kelowna Award” last week from Kelowna Mayor Sharon Shepherd.

Below is a copy of the text. I will hang proudly at my Store.

Jim

March 8, 2010
Jim Belshaw
Roy’s Shoes
1627 Ellis Street
Kelowna, B.C. V1Y 2A8

Dear Jim,

The City of Kelowna is a dynamic and vibrant community and we have a special brand of community spirit. As Mayor, I have had the great privilege of welcoming visitors from all over the world to our city. Often, these visitors are in awe of all that we have to offer. It is time to celebrate our community spirit.

During my Inaugural Address, I introduced the “Spirit of Kelowna” award which recognizes someone or something extraordinary that I have encountered.

It is with great pleasure that I acknowledge you, Jim, for organizing Kelowna’s partnership with the “Soles4Souls” international shoe charity and setting a goal of collecting 25,000 pairs of shoes in 25 days.

The shoes that you will collect will be much appreciated by our local organizations as well as needy people in Haiti and other countries.
On behalf of the City of Kelowna thank you for your continued contributions to the enhancement of our community.

Yours very truly,
Sharon Shepherd
MAYOR

Jim Belshaw
Roy's Shoes, Boots and Repairs
http://www.roysshoes.com/
1627 Ellis Street
Kelowna, BC
V1Y 2A8
250-763-5696