Spring Cleaning

I'm not big on resolutions so I never make them on New Year's because I already know I'll only keep them for about a day. But I know I should change things around a bit because I can be a complete lush in many ways and feel a bit inspired by some fellow bloggettes who are also turning over new personal leaves, big or small. And what better time than the beginning of spring to do something new and fresh?

First, here's my OOTD featuring one of my new fave pieces (I'm not sure if I just love the color or actualy think it looks good on me, because I had a heck of a time trying to make it work):

Sorry for the dark pics - today's been gloomy and I'm not smart enough to turn on the overhead light (dur).

And I couldn't figure out what belt to wear. I ended up with the wide one because it felt more comfy and seemed more casual.

Better idea of actual color of the cardi.


Cardigan: Anthropologie Tabitha Spilling Ruffles (they call this color lilac - I call them colorblind)
Tunic: Forever 21 Effortless Calm
Belt #1: J. Crew superskinny leather (now on sale, gold sold out online
Belt #2: Anthropologie Infinity
Jeans: Levi's 545 skinny
Shoes: Nine West patent leather Temani wedges
Bracelets: J. Crew Crystal Abacus & Demi Studded Bangle (both now on sale)

+++

And now some new initiatives for self starting today (and me pep talking myself - feel free to skip over if you like, there's a lot of blah, blah, blah):

#1 - Make a conscience effort to eat healthier. It'll make you feel better and maybe help you lose weight. And heck, it may even taste good.

#2 - Make a conscience effort to be more active. Walk around the block. Do that Yoga Booty Ballet video, you used to like it. Make friends with P90X (::shudder:: OK, maybe too soon).

#3 - Shop less. There's no way you can quit cold turkey (steel will of a rubber band here!) but it is not OK for you to see the UPS guy on a weekly basis.

#4 - Do something decorative with the dang house. Hang some paintings up, put some personality into it.

#5 - Cook more. Watching the Food Network and not cooking is like watching exercise videos while sitting on the couch munching Cheetos.

And this one's good for everybody:

#6 - Take a breath and remember to be happy with the life you've got now.