Easter holidays start here...

My children broke up today for their Easter holidays! Yup - nearly 4 weeks of family fun from now on. Think egg painting and long walks (must walk my son like a dog to wear him out), seeing friends and family, oh and I expect some Wii and Nintendo and TV thrown in for good measure. I am not a perfect mother... ;-)

I think this lady looks utterly delectable...

This is by Edouard Manet, its called Clematis in a Crystal Vase 1881.


I watched Stealing Beauty this week - stayed up far too late one night - I had forgotten how beautiful Liv Tyler is in this film...


Planning for the Easter weekend, we always have a BIG family lunch with my brother and his wife and children...my lovely nieces. Although they are 10 and 12 they still love the annual Easter Egg Hunt...


I adore Easter themed tables...


And duck egg blue...the colours here are just dreamy...

More duck egg blue courtesy of Country Living...


The real deal...makes me want to keep hens.



So I had a go at relaxing today...this involved lying on my bed in the middle of the day!
Scandalous! So as I lay there I started thinking what a nice picture it would make...so I took a few shots, playing with the focus of foreground and background. I could get into the photography thing. This is my dressing table...the wisteria is just starting to bud outside the window.


Oh and yes they arrived :-)


I love love love this platinum and pearl Agrigento nest ring from Astley Clarke...

Off to stock up on books tomorrow - both Boos won 'effort awards' at school this term (flush of pride) and so they have book vouchers to spend. 'Owl Babies' is a favourite bedtime story of ours (along with 'The Tiger Who came to Tea'). They love the bit when the Owl Mother whooshes down, returning to her worried little clan. Life is always best when Mummy's home...