Relax...

Easier said than done...to relax...but how true is this statement?

Recently I have seen a homeopath to try to fix something that conventional medicine just hasn't healed. Alternative therapies...ever so slightly hippy-dippy, hocus-pocus, but I was willing to try. The homeopathic consultation is a surreal experience where you are asked lots of questions to establish what remedy will suit. Like do you like the ocean? (yes). Do you like to be on the ocean or facing the ocean? (facing, not on; I get travel sick). Do you have salt with your food? (yes). So, I am open to new things, I went with it and got prescribed a set of these tiny odourless, tasteless pills which freakily you can't touch with your fingers! Bizarre. Anyway, I did it. Despite myself, I think it might have worked...

In the past I have been a fan of alternative therapies, like aromatherapy...I have always liked that lavender scented, relaxing vibe you get when you have a massage...oh if only there were more time for such pursuits...


Along with the hocus-pocus I am also trying to relax more. This is a challenge for me; relaxing is not really my thing. I am trying to read - currently revisiting 'Wuthering Heights'; if in doubt I find a work by Bronte generally does the trick to get you back on the literary track.

Unfortunately I am abit of a slave to time - always have something else to do, somewhere else to be...I clock-watch.

Plus I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to make my house look like this...tidy house, tidy mind.

Or this...(my new found love is styling by Selina Lake - who styled this picture and the one of palest pink books below - how lovely?)

I love that bit in the SATC film where they read love poems in bed...

Anyway...back to relaxing. My definition of relaxing is reading in the sun. I am a sun worshipper - I know its wrong and bad, but still...


I said I was lusting after the sun. Beach + sun+ book = my heaven. Sandy toes...

And then back to reality...well not quite...but how adorable is this picture?