Family Matters

I go home to NYC this week to visit the ole fam - and of course I am over-the-moon excited about getting to see my parents, my big sis and my nephew again. However, as is the case with anyone else with a family, along with the family highs come the family "mehs."

What are my family "mehs?" They are very few, but all relate to the inevitable barrage of questions (yes, you really only need a minimum of two people to be able to barrage) related to my marital status, my child-bearing status, my living location (i.e., not NYC) and - even to this day - my employment and my attire. Yeah, my parents care about what I am wearing.

I know in the eyes of a parent, you will always be seen as their little child regardless of age or financial status. But I can't help but to smirk/grimace when they still give me money stashed in a card for my birthday, won't let me pay for any meals, and my mom pats me on the shoulder and tells me "your dad wanted me to let you know that it is OK to spend some money and buy yourself some nice clothes - at least for work." Uh ... what does this mean about the way my parents think I am dressed?

I know we all love our families dearly, especially over the holidays. But I can't be alone here, so please spill - is there any little thing you don't love about going home for Christmas?

♠   ♠   ♠   ♠

Here's a medley of outfits from today and over the weekend:


Top: Anthropologie Odille Bianka (worn here before - similar online here in tee or here in print)
Pants: AT Loft modern corduroys
Shoes: Aerosoles Triple Play (worn here before - similar online platform here or for cheap here)
Necklace: Anthropologie Nueva Granada (worn here before - similar-ish online here or here)


Top: Anthropologie Molded & Melded (worn here before - similar online here)
Sweater: J. Crew ethereal ruffle wool cardi (worn here before - similar online here)
Skirt: J. Crew ikat bungalow (worn here before - similar online here)
Shoes: Artisan by Clarks Herring bow flats (worn here before - similar online here or packable here)


Top: UO Truly Madly Deeply owl pullover (worn here before)
Sweater: J. Crew marled wool cardigan (worn here before - similar online here or fringy version here)
Pants: F21 skinny ankle jeans
Boots: Born Taro (worn here before - similar online here or here in flats)
Bag: Coach suede hobo (similar-ish online here or here)