Preparations and planning...

I would like to bring you beautiful pictures of Christmas cheer and stories of my wonderful relaxed build-up to the festive period. However today has not quite fit that mould! Crazy-busy at work, big scary presentation (what is it with presenting that no matter how many times I do it, it still instills fear in me? Public speaking; you are either a natural or you are not). I so wanted to get everything done for Christmas this week, I'm writing a list and checking it twice (make that fifteen times). I feel distinctly out of control...

by Anne Taintor

I think back to those carefree days of the past where Christmas meant catching up with all of your old school friends when they were home to their families for the holidays. Mulled wine and late night shopping.  Family time and enjoying it all. No pressure. Now, with my own children there is a subtle pressure to make it all just right. To form those memories just like those I cherish from my childhood. Memories which came from my wonderful Mum's sheer hard work and determination to make family Christmases special, despite little things like divorce.


So I am trying to keep my Christmas cheer, to be nourished by this special time of year. To recall the true message.  To be neighbourly. To chill...OK so just one more lovely, restful image to help me on my way ;-)