Bah Humbug Business Appropriate

Ah, Florida, there's nothing like driving down your palm tree-lined streets perusing amusements beyond my imaginings while the breeze whips through my hair giving my face a frozen teeth-chattering wind burn. This is the first time ever I've turned the heat on in my hotel room in Florida - and I come to see you a lot, ole buddy! What is up?! I spent last night under my covers in bed with the heat going - and my feet were still f-f-freezing!

Of course I find myself here ill-equipped in the attire department - one thin fleece jacket that does not work over my requisite business attire and my $10 side street "pashmina" is going to need to do double duty as both scarf and body wrap today!

See for yourself how I am dressed today - completely not what I had planned and it's boring, but this is my (gulp) weather warmest! And yes, for those of you living in the Midwest, I know you gals are just rolling your eyes at my chatter about 30 degree weather - but if only I had been smart enough to bring my warmer clothes!


Jacket: Anthropologie Sine Brief Meeting (similar here or long-sleeved here or BF-cut version here)
Pants: AT Loft grey herringbone trousers (similar online here or here)
Shoes: Sofft patent pumps (similar online here or mary jane here)

So what do I do to appease myself and my frost-bitten little soul? Be not so good and gift myself some early Christmas presents of course! Such as ...



So have you gals bought yourselves anything sweet for the holidays?

☆   ☆   ☆   ☆

I'm sure you gals have noticed a few of these badges around our little fashion blogosphere lately:


The fabulous Tara B. from Little Girl Big Closet is hosting a fantastic feature very much in spirit of the season - she and some of our favorite blogettes are putting together fashionable vignettes in the style of the 12 Days of Christmas! I was completely surprised and flattered that I was asked to participate, so please keep an eye out for me! Her feature starts today - I can't wait to see what prettiness all the gals have put together to celebrate the holidays!