Precarious...

I learned something today that has made me realise how utterly precarious life can be. How we charge around making a million little decisions and worrying and wanting; thinking about everything and nothing. Then sometimes something blindsides us and we find ourselves in an unknown world, facing unknown truths. Where everything we thought to be real isn't. To watch this happen to someone else, as a bystander is a surreal experience and makes me quake with the realisation of how precious my life is. I read my previous post of just yesterday, what was that? When today, although my life has not changed, I have seen someone else's change beyond recognition. Makes me want to package my little life up in cotton wool and protect it. Not take it for granted. But the worst of it is this: why is it that someone else's heartache is what it takes for me to appreciate my life with its current lack of heartache?

via tinywhitedaisies